Thursday, June 29, 2017

It's a Job

I'm not in charge.
Normally in my life,
that's a way of saying
I'm only marginally involved,
watching from that periphery.
But it's different
in the context of recovery,
and EVERYTHING
is in the context of recovery
if I am truly working my program.
And when I turn myself over to God
to build with me and to do with me as He will,
I'm noI turn my t in charge,
but God is in charge,
and he's my boss.
So, I do what my boss tells me to do.
No, that's not making the decisions
as is my natural way to function.
Rather, it's taking orders,
doing what I'm told,
feeling free to ask for clarification,
for guidance
whenever I lack the grasp necessary
to do the assigned task.
Just get it done,
and when it's done
I have no need
to explain what and how...
it's not my job. I'm not in charge.
But what a paycheck I get
each day I'm abstinent,
serene, and filled with joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment