Thursday, June 8, 2017

Fixing My Recovery

I pray for willingness to get on with the twelve steps of recovery. That is the only way I know to replace my fears and insecurities with confidence and courage. When I am willing, there is no void and all things are possible. ~  For Today (Kindle Locations 208-210).

When I'm in charge my Recovery cannot thrive.
How do I repair serenity when that happens?
I must reclaim  the state of being "entirely ready."
When I do what my mind declares reasonable,
seeking self-preservation, the result shown time and again
is instead self-destruction. Trying to save myself
works against their my best instincts. Then...only then
God's grace enters and expels the obsession,
surrender bringing serenity, sanity, and true Recovery.
If you are trying, you are relying on yourself.
If you are willing, you are asking for guidance.
Willingness to have Recovery, is in a sense, a prayer.
Trying to be abstinent is an act of separation from God.
How do I fix my Recovery?I surrender,entirely ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment