Monday, June 26, 2017

I Want the Promises!

The Big Book promises
before we're halfway through
Step Nine the Promises
will come true! I want that!
I want to be amazed!
I want a new freedom
and a new happiness.
I don't want to forget the past
or wish to shut the door on it.
I want to comprehend "serenity"
and to know peace.
I want to see how the mess
that's my life can benefit others.
I don't want to feel useless
or to pity myself.
I want to have no interest
in selfish things but to gain interest 
in my fellows. I want Self-seeking 
to slip away. I want my whole attitude 
and outlook upon life to change. 
I want fear of people and 
of economic insecurity to leave me.
Most of all I want intuitively to know 
how to handle situations 
which used to baffle me. When all that
has come true, I will suddenly realize 
that God is doing for me what I 
could not do for myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment