Wednesday, April 5, 2017

I Needed this DiseaseI

 My desperate need freed me to discover the energy source I now call God: the ultimate source of comfort, acceptance, love, and peace. God is the source of my abstinence and the source of my repose from the trials and tribulations of life on earth. I needed this disease to find this solution. ~ Voices of Recovery (Kindle Locations 1119-1121). Overeaters Anonymous.
I've benefitted from maladies from time to time.
Twenty years ago I was so tense I severed my rotator cuff
with a mild movement. Months later I developed
a blood clot too late to have been caused by the surgery.
From that...and the rest of my Hell Year...convinced me
I was killing myself. Still, ten years later I was much the same
and accepted the suggestion of a wise mentor to join O.A.
These last ten years I've moved toward Recovery,
finding peace and joy beyond my dreams. I could not be here
without O.A.  I needed this disease to find this solution.


No comments:

Post a Comment