Monday, November 7, 2016

i'd Paint My Life

d PaInt my Life

A searching and fearless moral inventory.
Many of us can best write an inventory
in words, listing who we resent,
what happened, our part of the interaction,
and what of our principle needs are affected.
That works fine for word people like me
but ours is a program addressed to individuals.
How many of us express better in images?
If I were one, I'd draw a body surrounded
by vignettes showing Daddy saying,
"Don't be sorry, don't do it."
One picture would be the woman I wanted to sue,
the deception, and finally my understanding
of my attitude and her response.
I'd picture my lies, my dishonesty,
and why I feel that need.
How many pictures can you sketch in your mind,
and is that the best way for your own
searching and fearless moral inventory?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment