Saturday, June 27, 2015

My Way

But I know better, understand the way the thing should go
and when you tell me "fourteen syllables" unstressed then stressed
you contradict the way I like to write and force a scheme
inherently constrained and lacking depth of thought, contrived
to douse a plan or meaning I might have, imposing yours.
But I know better, understand the way the thing should go
within the rooms with you. You tell me that I should each day
take time to meditate, to read the books, to write, to phone
my sponsor plus some more, to render service, go to group,
and all the rest. But don't you understand? I came to lose
some weight, to drop a size or two, and don't need you to say
what I must do. They're just suggestions, don't you know, these steps,
and then the god I choose is merely that, a god I choose,
and you can't tell me how to do this stuff, just what you did.
But even so, I need to know one thing. How did you reach
the peace of mind, serenity and joy I see in you?
MyWay

No comments:

Post a Comment