Monday, August 13, 2012

Unreservedly

There I humbly offered myself to God, as I then understood Him, to do with me as He would. I placed myself unreservedly under His care and direction. I admitted for the first time that of myself I was nothing; that without Him I was lost. I ruthlessly faced my sins and became willing to have my new-found Friend take them away, root and branch. I have not had a drink since. ~ ​Alcoholics Anonymous,​ page 12
Unreservedly.
How do you remove reserves?
Frank and open,
not booked in advance.
Without reservations.
Like going on a trip,
trusting right decisions,
not controlling before,
not locking in plans.
Relying on the stock, the troops
engaged, holding nothing back,
all in. Betting the pot,
trusting, No second team.
Giving up control,
actually trusting this Power
I came to believe
could restore me to sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment