Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Musing

With a certain satisfaction I reflected there was enough gin concealed about the house to carry me through that night and the next day. My wife was at work. I wondered whether I dared hide a full bottle of gin near the head of our bed. I would need it before daylight.
My musing was interrupted by the telephone. ~ Alcoholics Anonymous, page 8.
Grand plans, excellent concepts,
a proposal to excite Wall Street
and loosen expense accounts.
Bill W had lived the high life,
had mused of fame, fortune, acclaim.
Small comforts, minute encouragement,
diminutive plans to placate powerful passions.
Unable to care for himself, dependent on Lois,
he schemed to deceive, pondered possible loss
of gin. How miniscule are our musings
from addiction's death grip...

No comments:

Post a Comment