Sunday, August 21, 2011

An Open Heart

She enjoys rain for its wetness, winter for its cold, summer for its heat. She loves rainbows as much for fading as for their brilliance. It is easy for her, she opens her heart and accepts everything.  Morgan Llywelyn
Life moves with ebb and flow like tides,
and holding on destroys balance,
eviscerates what we would preserve.
The Odyssey ends,
not with stunning revelations,
insight into self,
but with peace, with knowledge,
with the words a wise man
spoke to me decades past.
I had dreaded telling him
I would leave, move on,
embrace the next big step.
He honored my contributions
but released me, saying keeping good staff
was hard, letting me know I'd be missed
but replaced. If I have known joy past
future joy awaits. Good people known
will be replaced with friendship's bonds,
new folks for new times, old ties renewed.
Life holds out her arms to me,
a welcome embrace when I accept it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment