Friday, December 4, 2020

Setting Timetables

I remind myself that drawing up a timetable can doom me to failure, just as goals of perfection have done. I do not set myself up for this anymore. ~ Anonymous, Overeaters. For Today (Kindle Locations 3243-3245). Overeaters Anonymous, Inc.

I sat at the same desk for two decades
and as I cleaned it out,
I removed from the writing boards
many taped-on plans for getting thin. 
Over the years I would chart 
the weeks to come and the rate 
I planned to lose weight.
Along the way were rewards I'd earn
for all the progress.
I wonder what I would have done
if I had ever deserved the reward
by the time that date arrived!
I have no need for such lists today.
The rewards I receive are the admiration
of people who have not seen me for a while.
Eating one day at a time one meal at a time
the proper foods to garner what I yearned for,
I have learned to focus on the process 
and let the outcome come...
rather than focusing on the outcome.
Today I have recovery and a body
in sizes I only dreamed of
sketching success on those writing boards!



No comments:

Post a Comment