Friday, December 25, 2020

How does a full-grown human learn to express exuberance? Perhaps it is not possible to retrieve what was once lost, but this program of recovery comes close. The more I practice being “as a child,” especially when I take steps three and eleven, the more my spirit is seized with an untamed joy demanding expression. ~ Anonymous, Overeaters. For Today (Kindle Locations 3421-3424). Overeaters Anonymous, Inc.. Kindle Edition.

The more I practice being “as a child,”
especially when I take Steps Three and Eleven,
the more my spirit is seized
with an untamed joy demanding expression.
Today is a day of exuberance,
a day of joy, a day of childish joy,
a day of glee. The more you can live
a day of childish joy, today or any other day,
the closer you can come to the two greatest goals…
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart
and with all your soul and with all your mind.”
This is the first and greatest commandment.
And the second is like it:
“Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Live with childlike exuberance
this day and all other days!




No comments:

Post a Comment