Saturday, December 26, 2020

ReZOOMing

 I’ve done well this Christmas

eating acceptably throughout the month,
not perfectly but close to it.
I’ve not been pulled into the insanity
of excuses for a special time,
fear of offending people
who tried to prepare special foods for me.
I have no need for New Year to come,
inviting me to resolve to do better.
I believe had I indulged in special foods
I would not wait that week before beginning
but that I could pick up the pieces
and eat sanely again, resuming the food plan,
or, for more of an impact on my compulsive eating,
think of the process as reZOOMing, hurrying back
to sanity in dealing with the addiction that’s controlled me
for sixty years, from early teens until my seventies.
How about you? Are you content with your choices since Halloween
or eager to resume sane living and reZOOM a healthy lifestyle?



No comments:

Post a Comment