Thursday, January 5, 2017

You Just Have to Understand

We had long talks when I would still her forebodings by telling her that men of genius conceived their best projects when drunk; that the most majestic construction of philosophic thought were so deprived. ~ The Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous (Kindle Locations 201-202).
You just don't understand. I have responsibilities,
am known in the area. I may be heavy, but to reduce,
to change my appearance...if I were to loose enough...
if I fit the suggested weight, people would not know me.
Besides, my spouse, my siblings, my parents are heavy,
and I would not want to rock the boat, to intimidate
my family. And chocolate enhances  cognitive function,
reduces the risk of dementia, improves performance on
challenging brainteasers...really is brain food.
People of genus make a magnificent, so important
it would be a shame to eat sanely.

Rationalization holds so many people hostage.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment