Monday, January 9, 2017

It's the Process

The process of changing a life-style is more important than reaching a goal or measuring a performance. ~ Theodore Isaac Rubin
Years and years. the issue was the scale reading,
establishing a pattern, daily repetitions,
controlling the outcome with a goal set, established
on charts, that if I held true the pattern, in 18 months,
so many repetitions I would reign victorious,
having conquered the fat, established the body I would keep
the rest of my life, so life would be perfect...
except for a few rotten relationships with people
who didn't know how wonderful I was,
who insisted on treating me like I was a worthless farce.
Then ten years ago I discovered the concept of surrender,
of figuring out just how awful I had treated those folks
who disrespected me... I learned twelve simple steps
for changing a life-style and I'll keep on putting them into practice
so I can keep winning by surrendering.

No comments:

Post a Comment