Saturday, January 7, 2017

Not Perfect

No. I'm not perfect, I'm just okay. And that's enough. ~ IronMoe
Good enough is not good enough. At least that's the message
maturing in my head as I grew up. My perception of my childhood
is that A- was unacceptable. Why wasn't it A+? A garment stitched
had to be ripped out just because the sewing machine meandered
along the imaginary line. Slightly. I swore to it, even when the range
was occasionally five tenths of an inch, but ranged from a forth inch
to an inch and a quarter. My younger sister was allowed to pack for camp;
Mother put shorts and top pinned together in my bag
so the colors worked together, rather than my creative combos.
I got my first diet pills at thirteen because I failed at moderation.
I still don't manage moderation. It's insanity in charge
or surrender to a Higher Power. But that I can do.
"No. I'm not perfect. I'm just doing okay. And that's what I need."

Note the spelling of the image. Case in point.





No comments:

Post a Comment