Sunday, January 15, 2017

Freedom

..a newfound freedom, the freedom that comes as a result of practicing unconditional love and acceptance of the person I am today. ~Voices of Recovery (Kindle Locations 200-201).
It didn't feel like bondage, more like freedom.
At least at first. Freedom to reward myself
with sweets, treats, without limitation...
except when a clerk at a source of bliss
knew me well enough to know my order
instantly. That meant a changed routine.
Different drive-throughs. The erstwhile freedom
bared its teeth long before I recognized the chains,
understood the oppression and found the key.
Twelve simple steps, simple but not easy,
yielding the practice of love, including loving me.
That freedom is well worth giving up the food,
the sly furtiveness, replacing it with joy, love,
freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment