Friday, June 24, 2016

Peace... Not Happiness

During my years in OA, I’ve realized that the key to my peace, not necessarily my “happiness,” lies in turning my life over to my Higher Power one day at a time. When I do this, the burden of trying to “fix” the problem leaves me.  Voices of Recovery Nov 2
I can't fix me no matter how I try, but
I don't need fixing. I'm not junk, I have value,
and I matter no matter what. I am worthy,
My obsession with fixing me comes not from an inherent defect
but from a deficiency in peace, contentment, a state of wellbeing
and that lies freely available for the claiming,
a benefit of willingness to surrender control and direction
to a Power able to grant even when I have no clue
what that might be. But without doubt I know I fits
the hole in my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment