Thursday, June 16, 2016

Examine Yourself

There’s a world of difference between self-examination and self-awareness. The first means scrutiny of my behavior; the second relates more to my state of being. For me to be successful with the three-fold process of self-examination, meditation, and prayer as described in Steps Ten and Eleven, I need to scrutinize my conduct. I ask myself where in my day I could have been more honest, willing, self-disciplined, and loving. How can I apply these principles to my daily life? Usually by more meditation, more prayer, more practice. Show me the way, Higher Power. Your will be done, not mine. ~Voices of Recovery (Kindle Locations 1721-1725).
The day's end. Personal inventory,
The issue, not what happened to us but
what happened through us to others,
when was I angry, spiteful, less than I
choose, what character traits held free
rein? Was I dishonest?Anm I willing
for you to know my answers? Am I
proud of the day? What do I wish I had done?
did I continue to set right any new mistakes
as I went along?Am I growing in
understanding and effectiveness?
Who can I help?

No comments:

Post a Comment