Saturday, August 20, 2022

We Are Our Own Rescuers

Teachers may come our way, but they will not rescue. They will teach. People who care will come, but they will not rescue. They will care. Help will come, but help is not rescuing. We are our own rescuers. ~  Beattie, Melody. The Language of Letting Go: Hazelden Meditation Series (p. 329). Hazelden Publishing. Kindle Edition.
I'm older than most people I know. Before. I could look to parents, teachers, employers, supervisors... hoping they would rescue me. Now I more often look to my children. I know I more often need knowledge, suggestions, ideas, a listening ear. I don't need to be rescued. I may turn down advice. If it's not the course I want  to take, I'll ignore it most likely. I am my own rescuer, but God will lead me when I allow it. He's there  when I finally give up accepting the right answers I ignored! 

No comments:

Post a Comment