Sunday, November 21, 2021

Great People

 …we gravitate toward people who aren’t intent on behaving as if they are better than us, even when they have achieved great success. These individuals appreciate us for who we are, and in the process, we are inspired to see them as gracious, loving men and women. ~ Casey, Karen. Each Day a Renewed Beginning (p. 207). Mango Media. Kindle Edition.

Have you met someone important?
I have several times. One governor
kissed my cheek expressing gratitude
for my work in putting an event together
then weeks later recognized me in a crowd
and brought his wife forward to meet me.
One senator sat beside me and fumed
that a dessert wasn’t at his plate.
Several of us offered ours
but he felt it necessary to lambast
the server assigned to our table.
I remember how I felt and
the contribution each made
to those feelings.
I want to appreciate individuals
for who they are, and know
in the process, we’ll all feel better
among gracious, loving men and women.

Image Copyright: fuzzbones


No comments:

Post a Comment