Saturday, October 12, 2019

Permission?







In meditation, debate has no place. We rest quietly with the thoughts or prayers of spiritually centered people who understand, so that we may experience and learn. ~ AA World Services Inc. As Bill Sees It. A.A. World Services, Inc. Kindle Edition.
I needed this thought!
I know how to pray.
But meditation?
Alas, the Disciples failed to say,
“Teach us to meditate.”
And there’s a dearth of models
though ample recordings
that allow too much
or too little verbiage.
Debate within my head
has no place? What else is there
as I sit quietly with
or without a soundtrack?
“the thoughts or prayers
of spiritually centered people
who understand,
so that we may experience and learn?”
The Saint Francis Prayer,
the Book of Common Prayer,
the standards I use everyday,
Serenity, Step One, Step Seven…
and the bedevilments on page 52
of the Big Book, “We had to ask…”
and the responsive promises
spanning pages 83-84.
These I can consider
so that I may experience and learn.
Thanks, Bill W!!





No comments:

Post a Comment