Sunday, September 2, 2018

Set Aside Defenses

You do not realize what you have done to sabotage the holy peace of God by your defensiveness. ~ Schucman, Dr. Helen. A Course in Miracles (Kindle Locations 17890-17891). Foundation for Inner Peace.
It's called surrender.
Conditional or unconditional.
Capitulating to God means the latter,
unequivocally.
A belligerent incapable of continuing
yields completely.
A white flag
or raising empty open hands.
Next comes silence
(they cannot plan an escape)
Search (for weapons, maps, orders, etc.)
Secure (tie up or guard)
Safeguard (from dangers)
Separate (to facilitate control)
To surrender  usually opens yourself
to humiliation, no voice in decisions.
Would you surrender to God?
I thought I did when I was twelve
and joined the church.
I thought I’d surrendered to God.
But that was the media God,
the one I got third hand.
Only when I really knew him
could I reach the point of yielding control
and that gladly.
Until the understanding
that came through working the Steps,
I had no real relationship with God.
So for me God was really nothing,
or at least not everything.
When I got to know him,
he was everything,
and surrender came naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment