Wednesday, June 27, 2018

To Tell the Truth

With our list before us, we name each shortcoming individually and ask God to deal with it whenever and however God wants. We express our complete willingness to have each shortcoming removed from us. ~ Overeaters Anonymous. The Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of Overeaters Anonymous, Second Edition (Kindle Locations 697-698). Overeaters Anonymous, Inc.. Kindle Edition.
 
God, I'm dishonest, lie often (and well!)
so how do I deal with it? How do YOU
want me to deal with it? Tell you the truth?
Don't I have to tell me first? I'll work
on knowing when I lie or am about to.
And I'll admit it to me and You.
But You will need to nudge me sometimes.
I'm willing to know when I lie
or am about to. Yes, completely willing
to know it, anticipate it or hear it
and when it matters to tell the truth.
I ask you to tell me they all matter
and to prompt me, to speak the truth.
God, I'm willing to be willing to tell the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment