Thursday, April 26, 2018

You Decide

Most of who we are, what we do, and where we are going relates to our attitude. Being tired, bored, scared, or unhappy are decisions, nothing more. ~ Casey, Karen. Keepers of The Wisdom Daily Meditations: Reflections From Lives Well Lived (Kindle Locations 1591-1592). Hazelden Publishing.
I have decided to find truth
above and beyond sitting in this recliner
and meeting the needs of the dogs,
myself, my husband and the household.
I am not going to dwell on mobility issues,
on the effects of a stroke making typing hunt-and-peck,
on wishing the house were less cluttered,
I am reading daily twelve meditation books,
two Christian daily readings,
selections from A Course of Miracles
and The Power of Now,
and OneYearBibleOnline,
and writing a Recovery Daily Dose poem...
and to my utter amazement loving my life.
I pray to be led from negative thoughts,
from the "poor-me" habits.
I pray to look ahead but to cherish now,
and to envision the glory of God.
I want to be joyful in the present,
thrilled that all is well,
and aware of the mystery and wonder
all around.
I will bless those that might rattle my peace
and will them their own peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment