Tuesday, July 1, 2014

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

While walking through the woods one day, I was surprised to hear a child's voice. I followed the sound, trying in vain to understand the child's words. When I spotted a boy perched on a rock, I realized why his words had made no sense: he was repeating the alphabet. 'Why are you saying your ABCs so many times?' I asked him. ... 'Well, I don't know all the words, so I give God the letters. God knows what I'm trying to say.' ~ Courage to Change, page 182
How do you know what to pray for
when someone asks you to pray for them?

Pray that they have everything you want...
serenity, peace, joy, love...
and that doesn't deprive you of your share.
God's got plenty, an unlimited supply
so long as you let him lead,
as soon as you yield to him, surrender,
give up your own will, ask for only that
which helps others, not for yourself
unless someone else will be helped
if you get what you pray for.
It doesn't matter what you pray for.
God knows. He fills in blanks quite well.
IMG_20140630_223408_408

No comments:

Post a Comment