Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Prayer Changes the Dynamics

 

We can hold only one thought at a time. Making the one thought we are dwelling on a prayer in a time of turmoil means we can’t be thinking that someone ought to be doing something they aren’t currently doing. This is a great shorthand way of changing who we are and how every moment feels. ~ Casey , Karen. Let Go Now (p. 135). Mango Media. Kindle Edition.

I choose to write on ideas I need to hear,
knowing how badly I really need to hear.
God, teach me to pray. You understand deeply
how superficial, how vapid are my prayers.
Take away the flimsy efforts, repeating
a string of memorized prayers, of naming names
and trusting you to cut through the detritus
and address the right issue. Since the only thing
I can change is me, I ask you to show me how
it is I need to change and to get me out of your way.
For those other things to which I call your attention,
show me what my part is, and let me trust you
to take care of the rest! God, teach me to pray.
Thank you for listening.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment