Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Circumcise YourHeart?

  

Circumcise your hearts, therefore, and do not be stiff-necked any longer. 17 For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes. ~ Deuteronomy 10:16

Physical circumcision was a sign
of Israel’s covenant with God.
But here and in Romans
the Bible speaks of circumcision of the heart.
It’s certainly not a kind oh heart surgery
suggested. Rather, like the physical surgical act,
this circumcision is a symbol, a surrender,
an attachment to, not a taking from.
As I see the meaning, it’s the same
as the Third Step Prayer:
“God, I offer myself to Thee –
to build with me and to do with me
as Thou wilt.
Relieve me of the bondage of self,
that I may better do Thy will.
Take away my difficulties,
that victory over them
may bear witness to those I would help
of Thy Power, Thy Love,
and Thy Way of life. May I do Thy will always!”
Circumcision of the heart
indicates our being set apart
to love God fully, inside and out.



No comments:

Post a Comment