Saturday, July 24, 2021

I Lack Nothing

     The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.

He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake. ~ Psalm 23, NIV

Of course we can quote the 23rd Psalm
but sometimes the words we know
are in arcane language and a newer translation
can startle us. I love the language,
I lack nothing,” and “He guides me
along the right paths.”
What’s a favorite passage you have memorized?
How would you say it in conversation?
Romans 8:1 King James Version:
There is therefore now
no condemnation to them
which are in Christ Jesus,
who walk not after the flesh,
but after the Spirit.
People aren’t in trouble
If they’re in with Jesus
in their essence,
not ordinary people ignoring
all things holy?
Try your hand at it!
Write a passage in the vernacular!

Image Copyright: feverpitched


No comments:

Post a Comment