Saturday, March 1, 2014

Let Me Be of Service

God, I offer myself to Thee.
I come here to do service
though part of me longs to escape,
to bask in the workshops,
to fill my own coffers with recovery.
Lord, I come in service
to do the business of this assembly.
I would spend our time here wisely,
seeking your guidance speaking to me
so I may share what I hear as your will…
speaking through others wise words
to redirect me, to educate me, to challenge me
to do better service here today
and in days and weeks, months and years,
to come. God, I ask your blessings on the whole
knowing we together have power and hope
beyond what we could dream.
Use the talents you have given me.
Let me surrender them to you,
let me hear what your will is for me today.
Teach me humility and surrender.
But give courage to hear when you speak to me
of daring to lead, of moving way beyond comfort,
of doing whatI could not possibly do
but that which you can do when I humble myself
and serve.
God, I offer myself to Thee —
to build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt. 
Relieve me of the bondage of self, 
that I may better do Thy will. 
Take away my difficulties, that victory over them 
may bear witness to those I would help 
of Thy Power, 
Thy Love, 
and Thy Way of life. 
May I do Thy will always! 
...and together we'll walk these steps.
...and together we'll walk these steps.
(Art by Katrina Davis)

No comments:

Post a Comment