Sunday, November 25, 2012

Word By Word

BE

A passive verb, but it's in the imperative position. An order to be passive?

STILL

Turn off, disconnect, cease and desist. Rest. Let it be. It will wait. Serene, at peace.

AND

But there's more. I know you can't hold on to nothingness, that your mind fills up with thoughts, conscience jabs, todo lists unwritten, life.

KNOW

Acknowledge, realize, be certain, have a conviction. Perceive, tune in, understand, be familiar. Bring into your consciousness.

THAT

A wasted word, one to be edited out, made better, tightened. Still, it's there, that that. There's a connection coming, a completion. Don't rush on, make up new rules, take this process your way. Allow the that.

I

The great I am, I who who was, is, will be, creator, sustainer, the essence of life and matter. And in person, direct, speaking to me. Telling me what to do, caring that I understand, that I play a role, that I participate!

AM

That passive verb again, but so active, so vibrant, so moving. Here it connects, defines, affirms.

GOD

Everything. The universe, the smallest sliver of an atom, all matter, all essence, all understanding. Awesome, almighty, awe full. Speaking to me, listening to me, wanting only that I turn full attention for a few moments. How could I not? Why must I return time after time to this place, this position, this mindset, willing to wait on God, ready to take his orders, accepting with grateful tears his comforting grace, his fatherly love, his time?



No comments:

Post a Comment