Thursday, November 8, 2012

No Mo' Yo-Yo

My new motto is, "No mo' yo-yo." ~ Vicki Butts
Newest diet, pounds come off
for a while... then the food calls,
a bite, two, the allergy kicks in,
King Food rules! Pounds climb up.
Pills! Foolproof, chemical relief...
but they drive up stats the doc
disdains. Stop the meds,
gain the weight. Hypnosis!
It's all in the head, but then again
so's the craving, the compulsion,
the insanity. Nothing works, it's hopeless.
I'm hopeless, unable to cope,
a miserable wreck, a failure.
Willpower? A joke. Maybe some,
in other ways, but the comfort of food?
Willpowerless. Overeaters Anonymous.
Sounds like folks like me, like my kind,
hiding in shadows eating for ten.
Rooms of Recovery. These people are me...
maybe, just maybe, I can say like them,
"No mo' yo-yo."

No comments:

Post a Comment