Thursday, October 18, 2012

What It's Like Now

In the Twelve-Step format of Overeaters Anonymous we tell what it was like, what happened, and what's happening now. Short answers: Whoa! Wow! Whee!!!!! ~ OAStepper, Slender Steps to Sanity
The past. Almost six years ago, and so distant!
Yet again, fair is fair, the worst was fifteen years ago.
Back when I had no idea what I thought or wanted,
but could parrot others' opinions, desires.
When I knew I was successful but felt a miserable failure,
when food was my solace, my friend, my...demon.
Then I read a book, found friends on printed page,
others who suffered the torment, whose cravings ruled,
who had willpower in all else but were powerless over food.
I found I need not be apart but could really become a part.
And today! I'm sufficient. I'm real. I'm whole. I'm proud of me.
I matter. I make a difference. I can do all things
through Christ who strengthens me!

No comments:

Post a Comment