Saturday, October 6, 2012

Easy!


 Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, “Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, “Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it. ~ Deuteronomy 30:11-14 (NIV)
God told Moses, "It's easy,
quit making it so hard."
God says we need no miracles,
have no call to visit faraway lands,
to figure out logistics,
to move heaven and earth
to do what he tells us.
Like for Moses, the answer for me
is, "It's easy. Quit making it hard."
But when I try with all my might,
when I white-knuckle it through,
when I resolve to do it and well...
that's when it's hard, for I can't get there
of my own volition, even if there
is right here inside me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment