Wednesday, February 1, 2023

DR. BOB ON "EASY DOES IT."

“ ‘You know, Dan,’ he (Dr. Bob) told me, ‘many people coming into A.A. get the wrong conception of “Easy Does It,” and I hope you don’t. It doesn’t mean that you sit on your fanny, stay home from meetings, and let other people work the program for you. It doesn’t mean you have an easy life without drinking. “Easy Does It” means you take it a day at a time.’ “He told me that before I could be honest with him or my sponsor or anyone else, I had to ‘get honest with that joker in the glass.’~ Dr. Bob and the Good Old Timers (p. 258). Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc.. Kindle Edition.
Wisdom, personality, integrity, the co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous understood humility and practiced it! Easy does it didn't mean standing aside after years of hard work... It meant honesty, integrity, and usefulness, continued hard work when others might choose leisure in the glow of past achievements!

No comments:

Post a Comment