Thursday, October 27, 2022

Last House on the Block

Many OA members describe OA as the last house on the block. I do not know if that is true since I do not know where the block begins or ends. I do know that what I found in OA can be found only in the heart and mind of another recovering compulsive overeater. ~ Voices of Recovery (Kindle Locations 215-217). Where was your block? Mine was a physician's suggestion I have bariatric surgery and being convinced  could not when someone important to me had lost hundreds with a weigh and pay organization. I could not be weaker, could not "cheat" in my way of thinking. So I had to find a "fair" way to loose, something that had actively evaded me for half a century. It couldn't I knew, but someone I trusted said it would, and she was right! I now know that what I found in OA can be found only in the heart and mind of another recovering compulsive overeater. The last house on the block!

No comments:

Post a Comment