Friday, May 20, 2022

I Decided to Be Me

Anyone who would take such a path must be mad. I was terrified. But then, at the moment of my greatest despair, from my unconscious there came a sequence of words, like a strange disembodied oracle from a voice that was not mine: “The only real security in life lies in relishing life’s insecurity.” Even if it meant being crazy and out of step with all that seemed holy, I had decided to be me. ~ Peck, M. Scott. The Road Less Traveled: A New Psychology of Love, Traditional Values and Spiritual Growth (pp. 124-125). Touchstone. Kindle Edition.
Even if it meant being crazy and out of step with all that seemed holy, I had decided to be me. What wisdom, and how valuable, to a young man at the point of striking out, selecting a different path based on the sudden insight, “The only real security in life lies in relishing life’s insecurity.” Most of us have many years' more experience, more natural insight but do you even now see the truth that “The only real security in life lies in relishing life’s insecurity.” Can you find security in looking at these trying times and understanding “The only real security in life lies in relishing life’s insecurity.”?

No comments:

Post a Comment