Thursday, February 24, 2022

Losing a Best Friend

Giving up alcohol was like giving up a best friend. ~ E.H.’s father-in-law

Alcohol has never tugged at me… but food does, like alcohol does to the potential members of Alcoholics Anonymous! In fact I’ve been known to say I didn’t have real friends. In the place of friends I substituted my addiction to sugar and flour in almost any combination, the higher the percentage of sugar with the addition of oil as enhancement the more satisfied, the more mollified, the more comforted I became. I know now I have real friends, people who share my history with food or whose struggles with other addictions ring true! I’m through with my affinity for food to fill the interstices of my soul! I choose people, true friends, soulmates as my true friends for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment