Friday, August 20, 2021

Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes

I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. Once I realized what living healthily felt like, I was able to recognize how draining the day-to-day motions had been when I was drinking all the time. Though it took some time to resonate with me, I think this is a saying most people in recovery can identify with. ~ Beth L.
Drinking was never my problem. But compulsively eating, preferably in secret certainly was! How I convinced myself that a morbidly obese woman was keeping secret eating secret escapes even me? Of course I didn’t even when I would stop the “secret” purchases as soon as the clerk knew from many past visits what gooey sugar-packed treat I was going to order. I stopped frequenting that store and drove to a competitor’s window, until that clerk followed suit. Finally, though, something changed! I began following a sugar-free flour-free plan, with planned and measured meals and no snacks. Followed for seventeen months the body changed and the legs I lifted in getting out of bed looked nothing like mine!! Important things change in behavior changes! And I’m so glad to be the proof!

No comments:

Post a Comment