Tuesday, July 9, 2019

The Life of a Clown

I began to feel like a clown juggling too many balls. Each ball represented a problem I was keeping up in the air. My arms were weary and I knew I couldn’t keep on much longer, but I was not about to give up. My pride and ego wouldn’t let me. ~ A.A. World Services Inc. Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition.A.A. World Services, Inc.. Kindle Edition.
Weary arms, yes,
Sore head as well!
Have you tried to keep
a passel of problems
from crashing, wiping you out
or at the very least humiliating you?
Have you wanted to give up,
to surrender, allowing
a being far more
competent than you
to take over, be in charge,
carry the load?
Then welcome home!
These rooms of Recovery
are what you’ve been needing
all these years while worries
rained projectiles at your head.
You can’t manage it, God can,
let God!!
copyright: Diana Johanna Velasquez


No comments:

Post a Comment