Thursday, July 4, 2019

Here I Am, Lord

His mind flits about too much for good communication. Suggest a very short phrase like “Here I am Lord” and don’t think of anything else. Just pull in your mind slowly from everywhere else and center it on these words. This will alsi give him the realization that he…really is here. ~ Wapnick, Kenneth. Absence from Felicity : The Story of Helen Schucman and Her Scribing of A Course in Miracles.
Having busy minds isn’t unusual. Nor is it accidental. Our minds are full because we fill them. If we want quiet minds in order to know God better, we must empty them. ~ Casey, Karen. Peace a Day at a Time: 365 Meditations for Wisdom and Serenity. Red Wheel Weiser. Kindle Edition.
Jesus’ instructions as to how to visit with God,
to be in His presence. Think only something like.
Here I am.Lord.“In a more conventional,
easier to understand book, a similar message,
“Our minds are full because we fill them.
If we want quiet minds
in order to know God better,
we must empty them.”
The Psalmist quotes the Lord Almighty,
“Be still, and know that I am God.”Dan Shutte used words from God speaking
tp Isaiah and to Samuel,
Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night”Isn’t it time for me to say, “Here I am Lord”
then shut up and listen?

No comments:

Post a Comment