Tuesday, January 29, 2019

How to Remove Guilt

I pray to be relieved of guilt and self-hate, and to accept and like myself exactly as I am. That is where I can begin to change. ~ Anonymous, Overeaters. For Today (Kindle Locations 199-200). Overeaters Anonymous, Inc.. Kindle Edition.
How do we get restored to sanity?
What does it mean…restored to sanity?
Sure, I acted crazy about the food,
ate in the car where nobody could see me…
except all the people who knew me,
recognized me since I was far from a private person…
and the Blizzard and candy wrappings lay strewn
throughout the car in plain sight.
And size 28 clothes didn’t give it away. did they?
Yes, I was insane and it played out
in the disgust I felt about who I was,
how detestable, how worthless…
Then I found hope, possibility,
the idea that a God to whom I had given lip service
for many years really might possibly make me sane.
I hung around thirteen years
and know He can. And as I surrender to Him
I find I can, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment