Friday, January 25, 2019

Blessed Me

A simple thing like giving up the idea of “poor me” opens the door to a clarity and a peace of mind that is beyond our wildest dreams.  ~ Casey , Karen. 52 Ways to Live the Course in Miracles: Cultivate a Simpler, Slower, More Love-Filled Life (Kindle Location 518). Red Wheel Weiser. Kindle Edition.
I create my world, or more accurately
my thoughts, my concentration, my focus
shapes the life I live. I can choose to dwell in fear,
to accept abuse or unfair criticism…
I can think on these things and if I do, my life 
is a reflection of my focus. On the other hand
I could and hope I do, not merely day by day
but constantly. moment by moment,
choose love, giving love when others act out of fear
doing and saying things for which my ego self,
the me driven by fear, would have triggered anger,
sarcasm, self-righteousness. envy, jealousy…fear.
I choose not “poor me” but love extended to all,
the giving of which leads me to clarity and peace of mind
beyond my wildest dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment