Monday, November 6, 2017

Unexamined Life

The unexamined life is not worth living.  ~ Plato
I react, follow, resent, swallow objections.
But that is holding on to old ways,
ingrained patterns. And another word (phrase)
for ingrained patterns is character defect.
In Step Six, I became entirely ready
to have God remove all these defects of character.
Then in Step Seven I humbly asked Him
to remove our shortcomings.
If they have been removed, opposites replace them.
Have I begun to acting rather than react?
Have I learned to take the lead
when to follow is not best choice?
Do I still resent when I should find happiness?
Do I state my objection or still swallow it?
Have I examined my life?
Do I believe an unexamined life is not worth living?
Or do I know that but chicken out
and hold tight to my character defects?


No comments:

Post a Comment