Wednesday, November 15, 2017

In God's Presence

I won’t attempt to explain this—what it felt like to be in the same room with God’s presence surrounding me, because that would be impossible. ~ Overeaters Anonymous. Seeking the Spiritual Path: A Collection from Lifeline (Kindle Locations 159-160).
Immanuel. God with us.
We were told.
Twenty-seven thousand years ago
it was a promise but it came to pass
in Bethlehem, the physical presence.
But the truth is timeless.
The prophet Zephaniah said,
"The Lord your God is with you..."
The Psalmist said, "God is our refuge
and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear,
though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea."
And again, " I call on the LORD in my distress,
and he answers me.
" And yet again,
"God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble."
Have you felt God's presence?
I remember his responding to me
forty-eight years ago. But he has remained
when I doubted, rebelled, ignored him.
He is present, will let you know that
when it matters most.
We I call on the LORD in our distress,
and he answers us.



No comments:

Post a Comment