Saturday, March 4, 2017

Action and Response

How does belief become proven?
When I offer myself to God
to build with me, to do with me/
as he chooses, how do I know he accepts?
Moses raised his staff, the sea parted.
When the Hebrews couldn't drink bitter water at Marah
Moses threw a tree into the the well and they quenched their thirst.
Snake-bit people had only to look at a fiery serpent and
snakebites were not lethal. Fortified walls at Jericho
collapsed with marching, trumpet sounding, and the Arc carried.
Elisha sent instructions to Naaman for healing,
who resented the lack of personal response, the simplicity
of instructions. but when he gave in and did it, his leprosy healed,
In each case, the good came from action. Cause and effect, trust and grace.
The saying of the prayer is enough, but with Naaman and Gideon,
we know God is patient. If it takes something else than merely asking
to convince me I deserve the result, God is patient. My action need be enough
so I believe the answer possible, and when it is, then it's enough for God
who was always willing to give it. Thank God!


No comments:

Post a Comment