Monday, December 31, 2012

Preconceived Notions

From now on, we let go of our preconceived notions about what is right for us. ~ The Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of Overeaters Anonymous (Kindle Locations 248-249)
God, this bit about surrendering my life
to a power greater than I...
Okay. I can do that,
take on a consulting companion.
What? Won't cut it? Ouch.
So how much do you want?
Oh, I get it. You want to have me
consult with you then.
That's certainly more than I envisioned.
WHAT? Not enough? Geesh!!
Okay, I'll let you make the choices
so long as I can accept them.
You drive a steep bargain, though.
You're kidding!!! That won't do??
You're talking like Daddy did,
dictatorially: "When I say jump,
you jump. And you can ask how high...
on the way up."
jump

No comments:

Post a Comment