Friday, June 4, 2021

Tenth and Eleventh Steps

 

Before going to bed I will do a brief inventory of my behavior. Knowing who I really am is important to me. ~ Casey, Karen., A Life of My Own: Meditations on Hope and Acceptance (Hazelden Meditations Book 1) . Hazelden Publishing. Kindle Edition.

10.  Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out. ~ Steps 11 and 12

What have I done today
I could have done better?
There were two phone calls
I intended to make today,
I haven’t and it’s rude to call this late.
I decided a week ago to do morning pages again,
defined as three handwritten pages
before anything else. My dogs disagree.
The first thing I do must be to let them outside.
And they and the people intend to eat next.
I skimped on three pages today as well.
An appointment I thought I had is next week,
another I didn’t remember but got there
just barely late. I ate what I needed
and nothing more but temptation tugged
through the day. I got only half the daily steps goal
because of a muddy yard and expected discouraging words.
I’ve said nothing critical, have been supportive and kind.
I read from the Bible and ten other daily readings,
examining my relationships with God, those I’ve spoken to,
and myself. I will make the two calls tomorrow
I believe I know who I really am today, how I fit
with God and my world, and have no major regrets.



No comments:

Post a Comment