Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Justice or Mercy?

All this I saw, as I applied my mind to everything done under the sun. There is a time when a man
lords it over others to his own hurt. 10Then too, I saw the wicked buried – those who used to come and go from the holy place and receive praise in the city where they did this. This too is meaningless. ~ Ecclesiastes 8.9-10 (NIV)

It’s not FAIR!
Do you hear me? It’s not FAIR!
A defendant before the bench with five cases pleads to one or two with dismissals
for the rest. What?
Commit one and get two free?
A bargain!
One judge gives twenty years, another, ten probated for the same
crime.
It’s not fair.
Me? I deserve three days in an electric
chair.
It’s not fair any of us get lenience.
I get relief from fear, freedom from guilt, joie de vivre.
Unrepentents feel that three days every day.

Grace. Such a great gift, God.
I’m so glad you don’t give me justice.


No comments:

Post a Comment