Monday, May 11, 2020

God's Power Made Perfect in Weakness

8   …I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. ~ 2 Corinthians 12:8-10 New International Version (NIV)
Do I need to boast about my weakness?
Should I delight in weakness,
in insults, in hardships,
in persecutions, in difficulties?
Well, surprisingly, the answer is yes!
Paul said, “When I am weak,
then I am strong.” And he got there
because God told him, “My grace
is sufficient for you,
for my power is made perfect in weakness.”
Weakness I have in spades!
If Paul understood the message,
then I agree and happily say,
I will boast all the more gladly
about my weaknesses,
so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
Lord, I believe. Help Thou
my unbelief!

No comments:

Post a Comment