Sunday, October 28, 2018

The Mythology of Old Ideas

We find eventually that pride and fear are mere wisps of smoke, the cloudy strands from which were woven the mythology of our old ideas. ~ Anonymous. A Day at a Time: Daily Reflections for Recovering People (Hazelden Meditations) (Kindle Locations 2976-2977). Hazelden Publishing.
Old ideas. My life the first sixty years.
Someone attacks, you strike back.
Who wouldn't? Me, I hope.
What good comes from responding
when told to go to Hell with
"I've told you I live there?"
No good comes that way.
The years that are left
I choose to love, to make that
the truth where I dwell,
and I'm learning, far too slowly
to bring those around me
into the hug that is love.
I believe Karen Casey when she says,
"We can let go of our problems.
It’s ourselves and the attitude we have cultivated
that make any situation a problem."
I'll trade in pride, fear, and old ideas
for love today!


No comments:

Post a Comment